Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
SURGICAL PRE-OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS
VERY IMPORTANT REMINDERS!
- NO FOOD OR DRINK after midnight the night before your surgery. This includes water, gum, mints and candy. Take an medications as directed by your doctor with a small sip of water.
- NO contact lenses, make-up, dark fingernail polish or dangle jewelry. Rings and post earrings are fine.
- Wear a short sleeve shirt or blouse. NO flip-flops or open back shoes.
- If you have long hair DO NOT put it in a ponytail.
- You may brush your teeth and rinse with water, just remember, DO NOT drink any water.
- It is our policy that you must have an escort present when you arrive for you schedule surgery. If you do not have an escort present, your surgery will be rescheduled. We ask that your escort plan to spend a few hours with you at home following surgery.
- If you are under the age of 18, an adult guardian must be present in the waiting area throughout the surgery and recovery time.